Do you have an application or service that subjects you to advertisements, annoying slow and ugly advertisements – within a product you’ve already paid for!? Yeah me too. It started for me with my Epson Artisan 710. The Printer Status Monitor was bombing me with ad’s and often with HTML errors when Epson changed a URL. Cyberlink software is another paid app that bombs you with ads, this one kills me – a p$id app and they ask for more on first launch. And it never stops. Check below for how to block ads for Epson Printer Status Monitor. And here’s a link to one of several Cyberlink forum discussions about removing advertisements – Cyberlink Remove Advertisements.
Issue – unwanted in app advertisements.
Solution (blocks all network connectivity from the app)
- Identify the offending application executable location
- Right click on shortcut and copy the Target location, make note of the filename – example-application.exe
- Open Windows Firewall Advanced Settings
- Add a rule to block all outbound traffic from the application
- Add your Target location to the Program path
- Select the file (EXE) – example-application.exe
- Choose Block the Connection
- Name it
- Profit, for you!
The example is from Epson Print Monitor advertisements