If for whatever reason your Strava workout, ride, run or walk gets divided up into two or more Strava Activities – you can easily merge or combine the data into a single event with combined time, distance and speed.
- Your Strava Activity consists of 2 or more GPX or TCX files (you cannot join unrelated activities).
- Export the data from Strava that you wish to combine into one activity.
- Upload, Review and Combine the problem files on the GOTOES website.
- Confirm your downloaded TCX file.
- Delete the related activities in Strava (or your combined file will be flagged as a duplicate).
- Upload your new combined TCX file to Strava.
Steps to Combine Files
Export your data as a TCX file from Strava – Skip this step if you already have TCX or GPX files available to upload
- Open each of your activities one at a time.
- Append /export_tcx to the end of the URL like this:
- Your browser will download a file like this: Ride_Name.tcx.
- Repeat for each Activity you want to combine.
Combine your TCX files
- Visit this URL for – GOTOES Strava tools: http://gotoes.org/strava/Combine_GPX_TCX_FIT_Files.php
- Upload your TCX files.
- Review & Confirm activity parameters – Date, Location etc.
- Combine – Click the Button to Combine the files.
- Download – Your browser will download a single TCX file – this is your complete ride.
Delete your activities in Strava – or your new combined TCX file will be flagged as a duplicate activity.
Before proceeding – confirm you have the TCX file from pervious steps.
- Load each of your affected Activities from the export steps.
- Click – Actions (gear icon) and then Delete.
Upload your combined TCX file
- Strava Upload – https://www.strava.com/upload/select
- Click Upload.
- Done – view your complete workout!
References – Strava Support Links
- How to export TCX files from Strava
- How to delete Strava activities
- How to upload files to Strava
- Strava Activities