Issue: The default Windows 10 lock screen uses Windows Spotlight which streams a feed of excellent photography but… also displays Microsoft Store offerings, messages and may display ads. If this annoys you follow these steps to disable Windows Spotlight and you’ll have a cleaner, faster and ad free login screen (but will miss some beautiful photography…).
- Login screen before disabling Windows Spotlight – Screenshot (red is me)
- Login screen after – Screenshot
- Click Cortana or Search and type Lock Screen
- Click on Lock Screen Settings
- Under Background change Windows Spotlight to Picture or Slideshow
- Turn OFF – “Get fun facts, tips and more from Windows and Cortana on your lock screen”
I can not, I do not find “Cortana”. Where do I need to click?