Adding a Gmail account to Outlook 2016 is quick and easy. The process requires two steps with Google: Enabling IMAP access and creating an app password which allows Outlook to access Gmail. Then a few quick and easy steps in Outlook – and boom Gmail in Outlook.
- Log into Gmail
- Enable IMAP
- Log into your Gmail account
- Click the settings Gear icon at the top right > choose Settings
- Choose the Forwarding and POP/IMAP section
- Under IMAP Access select Enable IMAP
- Create an Application Password
- Launch Outlook
- Go to: File > Account Settings > Account Settings – Add and remove accounts
- Email Tab – click New
- Type gmail address, click Connect
- Enter password generated in step 3, click Connect
- Yep, that’s it – done!
- You’ll receive a test email as your inbox starts to populate.