Issue – Microsoft driver updates. After Windows Update your computer can’t connect to WiFI. No matter what you try – the existing working connection that worked 10 minutes ago, a new network like a mobile phone hot spot. You can try to forget the network and re-add it, resetting the adapter, rebooting, Windows troubleshooting… all of them will end in a WiFi connection error because Windows Update replaces the functioning Linksys driver with a RealTek driver that will not work!
Solution – Get that Microsoft @$%& outta here! And revert back to the proper functioning driver.
- Download the LinkSys WUSB6300 driver
- Go to your network driver properties in device manager
- Click Update Driver
- Widows 7 – Choose Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
- Locate File > navigate to your WUSB6300 driver download
- Select netrtwlanu.inf
- Click Open
- Select Network Driver Linksys WUSB6300
- Click Next