Issue – After Windows Update your computer can’t connect to WiFI. No matter what you try – existing working connection (it was working an hour ago!), a new network like a phone hotspot or an open public connection, try to forget the network and re-add existing network, reboot, reset adapter, Windows troubleshooting… all of them, a no go. All WiFi access points will accept your password but then quickly report a connection error. Because – Windows update replaces the Linksys driver with a RealTek driver, that doesn’t work.
Solution – Get that Microsoft @$%& outta here!
- Download the LinkSys WUSB6300 driver
- Go to your network driver properties in device manager
- Click Update Driver
- Widows 7 – Choose Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
- Locate File > navigate to your WUSB6300 driver download
- Select netrtwlanu.inf
- Click Open
- Select Network Driver Linksys WUSB6300
- Click Next