Issue: You possess an audio or video file that will not play on your favorite device or software.
Solution: VLC Media Player!
What is: VLC Media Player… other than awesome!?
Download: VLC Media Player for Mac, PC or Mobile
Steps to convert an audio or video media file with VLC Player
- Open the VLC player – Click Media > Convert/Save
- Click Add to pick your file to convert
- Select the media file you want to convert
- Click Convert/Save
- Under Settings choose the Video or Audio Profile you wish to convert your file to
- Navigate to the location you want to save to and type a file name, click Save
- Click Start to convert your file!
Great program thanks HEAPS. !!!
One thing though – my GoPro camera often records video but the audio is out of sync with a few milliseconds delay so my videos keep looking like a Bruce Lee movie lol
Yet when I play the videos through VLC they’re perfectly timed so I’m wondering is there anyway I can open the out of sync video / audio file in VLC media player and then just save it to my folder so it saves with he perfectly corrected video to audio syncing ?
If so, which profile would I use to for video / audio suitable for YouTube etc ?
H.264 + MP3 ( MP4 ) or or the .265 etc ?