Hello Firefox 57! Yep I’ve made the switch from Google Chrome back to Firefox. I’ve wanted to make the switch for a while and Mozilla’s latest release, Firefox Quantum, provided the motivation. Fast (really fast, like 2x as fast as their last version), light, extensible, standards compliant, portable, cross platform, open source and… free.
Issue: Tired of Chrome, IE or Edge and looking for a change? Maybe don’t like all your personal data stored in the Google bank?
Solution: The following steps took aprox 7 minutes start to finish – ending with the same open tabs, saved passwords, bookmarks, and history I was just browsing minutes ago… check please!
- Download Firefox
- Install Firefox – just click next!
- Migrate Cookies, Browsing History, Saved Passwords, Bookmarks
- Click the library icon , then click Bookmarks.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Show all Bookmarks.
- Open the Bookmark manager
- Choose Import data from another browser
- Choose Browser – Chrome, Internet Explorer or Edge
- Choose what to import – Cookies, Browsing History, Saved Passwords, Bookmarks
- Import it!
- Enjoy! and…
- If you’re here to de-googlefy… try DuckDuckGo for your search engine
- You want to Sync!
Firefox – Importing Data from another browser